Your home is likely the biggest purchase you’ll ever make, so protecting your investment is crucial. This includes giving attention to the building’s exterior, including the siding, trim, and gutters. These elements enhance your home’s curb appeal and affect its structural integrity. Follow this guide to learn how to maintain and repair your siding, trim, and gutters.
Your home’s siding is an important line of defense against the elements. Routine maintenance and repair help keep your home protected and looking its best.
- Siding maintenance: This entails routinely checking for cracks, peeling, or moisture damage. Regular cleaning with a soft brush and mild detergent helps your siding look fresh and prevents mold and algae growth.
- Siding repair: Schedule a prompt repair if you notice any damage during routine siding maintenance. The decision to repair or replace your siding depends on the extent of the damage and the type of siding you have. A home improvement company can help you decide which is best, saving you time and money.
Fascia boards, soffits, and architectural trim add elegance to your home’s exterior. But like any other part of your house, it requires maintenance and occasional repairs.
- Home trim maintenance: Regular painting and sealing are vital to keep your trim in top condition. Watch for problems with your exterior trim while maintaining it to help you detect issues early.
- Home trim repair: Rot, insect damage, and loose or detached trim require immediate attention. A professional assessment might be necessary to determine whether a simple repair or a full replacement is the best course of action.
The gutters may not be the most glamorous part of your home, but they serve several vital functions, including controlling the flow of rainwater and protecting your home’s foundation. Give your gutters the attention they deserve, and they’ll guard against siding streaks and basement flooding for years to come.
- Gutter maintenance: Regular cleaning is the first step. After removing leaves, pine needles, and other debris, inspect the gutters for clogs, holes, and sagging areas. Remember to check the downspouts as well. If you don’t have 4- to 6-foot extenders to lead the water away from the foundation, install them now.
- Gutter repair: Don’t ignore damaged or worn-out gutters. Prompt, professional gutter repair protects your home from larger problems down the line, such as a weakened roof, rotten fascia, or cracked foundation.
Choose Ferris Home Improvements for Your Siding, Trim, and Gutter Needs
As a local, family-owned and operated home improvement company, Ferris Home Improvements stands apart from the rest. We began in 2004 and boast a team with over 40 years of experience. But we’re more than just a business; we’re involved in the community, giving back by sponsoring local sports teams and donating to charities and gift drives. Whether you need expert advice on siding repair, home trim maintenance, or gutter services, we’re here to help. Contact us today at 302-998-4500, and let us show you why we’re a preferred home improvement company in Delaware.