When it comes time to remodel your bathroom, take the time to consider what improvements you are looking to attain and how the daily routine of your household comes into play.
For example, let’s say you are renovating a bathroom that is shared by 2 to 3 children that have to be catch the school bus at the same time each morning. If you have the space available to create double-sinks and a private area for the toilet, it might make things flow better in your household (no pun intended).
Maybe you’re looking to remodel the master bath that you and your spouse share. Consider having separate storage areas for all your cosmetics and hygiene products located conveniently by double mirror and sinks. This will allow for both of you to get ready and out the door in the morning with less crisscrossing and will serve to make mornings a bit more harmonious.
Determining the needs before you begin the remodeling process will make it more likely to be a success!
Here Are 5 Common Oversights in a Bathroom Remodel:
- Match new products to existing products that will not be removed or replaced.
- Pick ONE type of metal finish and be consistent throughout your water and light fixtures. Whether it is chrome, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, etc…just be sure to best match the fixtures to each other…and be sure to compare the same finish across different brands or even models…one brand’s “oil-rubbed bronze” might look black where another’s might have much more gold undertones to it!
- Don’t forget the storage! Sure pedestal sinks are pretty, but where do you keep the toilet paper? No matter how you decide to remedy your storage needs, just be sure you don’t forget them all together and ruin the remodel afterward by cramming in storage pieces that don’t fit.
- Build in storage into otherwise dead space!
- MEET YOUR NEEDS!! If this bathroom will eventually be the dressing room for 2 daughters, maybe you should put in 2 sinks, or, at the very least, an extra outlet for all those hair dryers…you get the point…don’t forget to consider what it is that you really need versus what you want.
A successful bathroom remodeling project can add harmony and beauty to your home. Taking the time to make sure you get the most out of your bathroom remodel can increase the value of your home and benefit your family by simplifying daily routines.
At Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware, we understand that the whole purpose of a bathroom remodel is to improve your family’s daily routine. If you need help determining how to remodel your bathroom, get in touch. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Company 3 years in a row!